IPO market hits decade high
2021 was an exceptionally strong year for initial public offerings (IPOs) with the market recording the highest number of new floats in a decade, and more than the previous two years combined.
IPO Watch Australia Report Summary
- 191 new listings on the ASX in 2021
- Total funds raised for the year was $12.33 billion – more than double the funds raised in 2020
- 145 small cap listings (market capitalisation less than $100 million), representing 56 per cent of new market entrants
- 21 different industry sectors recorded listings in 2021, with Materials companies contributing 32 per cent of all listings
- 87 per cent of IPOs met or exceeded their capital raising goals, an increase on the five-year average of 83 per cent
- A healthy outlook for the Australian market in 2022, particularly for resources.
View Full Report